It’s getting Cozy
Cozy is a modern audiobook player for Linux and macOS.
Here are some of the current features:
- Import your audiobooks into Cozy to browse them comfortably
- Sort your audio books by author, reader & name
- Remembers your playback position
- Sleep timer
- Playback speed control
- Search your library
- Offline Mode! This allows you to keep an audio book on your internal storage if you store your audiobooks on an external or network drive. Perfect for listening on the go!
- Add mulitple storage locations
- Drag & Drop to import new audio books
- Support for DRM free mp3, m4a (aac, ALAC, …), flac, ogg, wav files
- Mpris integration (Media keys & playback info for desktop environment)
- Developed on Fedora and tested under elementaryOS
|elementaryOS||openSUSE||Arch Linux||Flatpak (other)||macOS|
Cozy for macOS is currently in beta. It’s tested on 10.14 Mojave so far. Known bugs:
- no integration in notification center or any other desktop integration really
- media keys are not working
- dark mode requires 2x switching in settings + is not loading automatically at startup
- large Cozy.app
You can download it here: Cozy 0.6.4 beta2 for macOS
I have imported wrong files and cannot get rid of them:
Delete the following folders to reset cozy (this will loose all saved progress):
I can’t uninstall the Flatpak:
flatpak uninstall com.github.geigi.cozy/x86_64/stable
flatpak uninstall --user com.github.geigi.cozy/x86_64/stable
Thanks to @Meresmata
I store my audiobooks in a location that is not accessible in the Flatpak sandbox:
You can override the flatpak settings and allow access to a path (e.g. /media) like this:
flatpak --user override --filesystem=/media com.github.geigi.cozy
A big thanks
To the contributors on GitHub:
To nedrichards for the Flatpak.
Help me translate cozy!
Cozy is on Transifex, where anyone can contribute and translate. Can’t find your language in the list? Let me know!
If you like this project, consider supporting me on Patreon :)